A new listing spotted at GameStop reveals a Season Pass for Watch Dogs that will feature a unique single-player campaign with a new playable character, amongst other content.
According to its description, the Season Pass will cost players $19.99 and will grant access to more missions, weapons and exclusive content. It claims that purchasing a Season Pass will save you 30 percent when compared to buying each piece separately.
There is no information on who the new character could be or what the campaign will be like.
In related news, Animation Director Colin Graham gave more details about Watch Dogs. The upcoming open-world title will keep “the essentials” on the PS3 version, even though the PS4 version will be superior. “We can have more physics based objects on next gen,” he said. “Essentials should be the same.”
Graham also confirmed that this time around the game will be optimized for PC, which I highly doubt seeing that Ubisoft has a history of poorly ported PC titles. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag was the last title they claimed was perfectly built for the PC. Unfortunately for AMD users, that game had frame rate issues when playing on high settings.
Other gameplay details shared by Graham included the following:
- When someone invades your game with the seamless multiplayer option of the game, missions are blocked until you deal with the intruder.
- The look of the invader is totally random, “literally any civilian that is available from that district, man or woman.”
- Some hideouts need to be found and unlocked, while others are unlocked by story progression.
- For cars on demand, you pay for a car only once, and then you can get it delivered to you whenever you want.
- Cars on demand are normally dropped in a parking spot around the corner from your location.
- Robbing stores doesn’t award much cash. Open world missions, online contracts and story missions give better xp and cash.
- You can track only cars and enemies that are objectives in a mission. Tracking all cars in the game would be too much data to handle.
- Hacking ATMs can give you thousands of dollars in certain cases. Some people are rich, and you can detect them with the profiler app.
- When someone asked if players will be able to create contracts for other players to do, the answer was “not exactly,” and “more info to come” were mentioned.
- You can buy drinks in the game.
- The battery of Aiden’s cellphone recharges very quickly over time.
- Causing a blackout blocks all hacking, as there’s no electricity.
- There will be a way to free roam privately just with your friends.
Watch Dogs releases on May 27 for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The Wii U version is still pending.