Sony has released a new update (1.06) for their PlayStation 3 racing game Gran Turismo 6 and it adds some really great features like data logger, custom rear wings, GPS Visualizer, Compatibility with 3D TVs and does some major improvements to the gameplay.
Full details of the changes are as follows:
Data Logger now available
- Data Logger has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home”. The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.
GPS Visualizer function introduced
- GPS Visualizer has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home”. By driving a car equipped with the “Sports Drive Logger” (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It’s be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the Data Logger feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.
Custom Rear Wing option implemented
- Custom Rear Wing has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in “My Home”. You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn’t compatible with certain cars.)
3DTV compatibility now added
- A 3DTV option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An “Overall Best” time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the “Event Settings” screen have been changed.
Other improvements and adjustments
- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the “Real” option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.
What do think of this latest update and the new features added to Gran Turismo 6? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
Source: Gran Toursimo