Wolfenstein: The New Order’s Collector’s Edition Comes Without The Game
In an announcement that’s both bizarre and surprising, publisher Bethesda announced the Panzerhund Collector’s Edition for Wolfenstein: The New Order; which comes without a copy of the game.
It’s unheard of, at least for me, that a special edition costing $100 would be without a copy of the game. Bethesda’s announcement also revealed that the contents of the package will be limited to only 5,000 units and those interested should hurry while stock lasts.
Here’s what you’ll be getting:
- A vintage footlocker-style trunk (measuring approximately 20″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″). Each trunk has an individually stamped number plate above the antiqued clasp.
- An 8 inch, fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base.
- A classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, secret documents, blueprints and an x-ray for the game’s hero, B.J. Blazkowicz.
- A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book.
- Three embroidered patches and a replica dog tag.
- An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game (reminder: Wolfenstein: The New Order is NOT included in the Panzerhund Edition).
Wolfenstein: The New Order releases on May 20 in both North America and Europe. Pre-ordering the game on any platform – PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, will get you access to the beta of the new DOOM; details of which are unknown at this time.