Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Lists Benefits of Subscription
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn officially launches on PlayStation 4 next month; having gone through its open beta late last month.
Today in a new post on the PlayStation Blog, publisher Square Enix detailed some of the benefits as to why you should subscribe to the MMO. In a time when free-to-play models are more liked by consumers, a company’s job of asking you to pay monthly for a game can be pretty hard. Square Enix would like to inform you all that A Realm Reborn is worth the subscription.
According to the post, Final Fantasy XIV will not need a PlayStation Plus subscription in order to be played. However you will need to be a subscriber to the MMO itself to be eligible for new content.
Here are some of listed benefits that subscribers get:
- New Main Scenario Quests, continuing your story.
- Two new raids.
- New Dungeons.
- New Dungeon Hard Modes.
- New primals to fight: Leviathan and Good King Moggle-Mog XII.
- A new difficulty for primal fights, Extreme Mode.
- Player versus Player Combat.
- Treasure Hunts.
- New factions (Beast Tribes) with Daily Quests.
- Tons upon tons of new quests of all kinds.
- New customisation options for your characters.
- Tons of optimisations and new features for the game.
The game’s next beta phase will run from April 4 to April 7, and you will be able to carry your character over from this beta phase to the full game. The game launches April 14, with a subscription fee starting at £7.69 / €10.99.
Source PlayStation Blog