Some of the people who participated in the Xbox One beta system preview program to test the newest updates from Microsoft are facing a problem. The latest update has been putting the Xbox One consoles in an endless boot loop.
To solve the problem, Microsoft put a solution on a private forum but now Reddit user KAM7 has made that solution available to everyone.
Now anyone who has suffered from this issue can read below steps to solve the issue, although it is somewhat a complex solution but it is definitely better than none.
We have received some reports of participants encountering an issue with installing this update. The issue being reported is that some consoles get stuck in a loop trying to install the update, or some are hanging at a black screen during the update. This issue has occurred with consoles that are configured with optical audio enabled, and is caused by an invalid audio setting being configured during the update process. If you encounter this issue, please follow the steps below as a workaround. The developers are investigating a fix for this issue occurring during system updates.
- Unplug the network cable or disable the wireless network and start up your console.
- If the update screen is not displaying, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable until update screen appears.
- At update screen, select Cancel. (Cancel only appears when network is disconnected.)
- Go to Settings > Display & Sound.
- Switch HDMI Audio and Optical Audio to Stereo Uncompressed.
- Plug the network cable back in, or re-enable your wireless network, and connect your console to the network.
- The update screen should now appear and update should proceed successfully.
If you haven’t started updating your Xbox One yet and your settings are set on the optical audio then you just change the settings of your audio and solve the problem before it even begins.
Does this solution work for you? Let us know!