Xbox One April Update preview is upon us and guess what, it will bring the friends notifications back. Apparently, the preview will run for a longer time and key areas that the update will touch have been detailed.
Reports are coming in declaring that the Xbox One April Update previews (aka 1404 update preview) will start rolling out soon. People over Reddit and NeoGAF have received messages over their Xbox Live and other updates through the Xbox Forums.
Here’s what you should expect from the Xbox One April Update:
- A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
- Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
- Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
- Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
- Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
- New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.
Are you happy with this change-log? Or would you like some other improvements too?