Grand Theft Auto 5 was the second most nominated game at this year’s BAFTA; with nine categories, it was second only to The Last of Us that got nominated for 10 categories.
Tonight’s award ceremony has come bearing the fruit for Rockstar in the shape of the Best Multiplayer Game award.
Interestingly, the game has won the award over a list of contenders that included The Last of Us as well as Battlefield 4. Dota 2, Super Mario 3D World and World of Tanks rounded up the rest of the list.
This is not all, the game also managed to steal away two other awards, one for the best British game and one for the best gameplay design. Seeing how it had strong competition in the latter as well as the best multiplayer award, it is quite a happy day for the folks at Rockstar.
You must be interested in the rest of the winners, so here’s the full list for each category:
- Game of the Year: The Last of Us
- Action and Adventure – The Last of Us
- British Game: Grand Theft Auto 5
- Original Music: BioShock Infinite
- Story: The Last of Us
- Strategy and Simulation – Papers, Please
- Artistic Achievement: Tearaway
- Audio Achievement: The Last of Us
- Sports: FIFA 14
- Family: Tearaway
- Game Innovation: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Mobile & Handheld: Tearaway
- Ones to Watch: Size DOES Matter
- Game Design: Grand Theft Auto 5
- Multiplayer: Grand Theft Auto 5
- Debut Game: Gone Home
- Performer: Ashley Johnson – The Last of Us
Did you expect Grand Theft Auto 5 to win BAFTA’s Best Multiplayer Award over the other nominees?