Thief: Patch 1.2 Released for PC; Number of Bugs Fixed
Update 1.2 for Thief is now live but only on the PC version. Owners only have to log into their Steam accounts for the automatic update to begin. Eidos Montreal has not mentioned when the consoles will get the patch but you can probably expect it to arrive by the end of the week.
Patch 1.2 fixes a number of bugs for the game, as well as adding a new boot option for 32 bit platforms to ensure better performance on older systems.
- Fixed an issue where, for some users, controller right stick would not turn the camera and controller hints would not appear.
- Fixed an issue where, for some users, the keyboard mapping menu would immediately map a key and then hang.
- Fixed an issue with the fog when SSAA was enabled that was introduced in v1.1.
- Fixed a crash when the user had 99 saves and tried to access the save menu in game.
- Added an option to the launcher configuration dialog to run the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine. The 32-bit version has several features disabled causing it to use less memory, providing a smoother experience for users with lower spec machines. The checkbox for this option can be found in the display tab of the launcher options dialogue.
- Update: Deploy additional DLLs with the game to avoid issues with corrupt DLLs on user machines, which could cause the game to not start at all.
- Update: Moved Lockpick and Frame Search helper to the HUD menu and will now also affect mouse/keyboard.
- WARNING: Disabling Frame Search helper while playing with mouse/keyboard could make it very hard, if not impossible, to find the button.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various crash fixes.
Just in case some players find gameplay impossible with the new patch, they can always roll back to the previous patch. Eidos has made available an older build on Steam that can be used to switch back.
To do so simply go to your Steam library, select Thief, right-click and head into game properties, go into the Beta tab and select version 1.1. This will set you back to the original released version of the game.