Capcom has announced a partnership with Twitch to help organize a full-on game league about Street Fighter called Capcom Pro Tour. It will run for an entire year as a season that culminates in the grand finals of the Capcom Cup in December.
Only Street Fighter IV will be played in this league. At first, the matches will concentrate on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, but that will change when Ultra Street Fighter IV releases in June.
There will be ranking tournaments, online matches and special event in the Capcom Pro Tour. Its goal is to try to offer a platform that helps people organize bouts.
There is a list of premier events already planned, mostly in North America. We’ll list these below:
- Final Round (March 14~16 – Atlanta, GA, USA)
- NorCal Regionals (April 18~20 – Sacramento, CA, USA)
- Southeast Asia Majors (June 20~22 – Singapore)
- Community Effort Orlando (June 27~29 – Orlando, FL, USA)
- Evolution Championship Series (July 11~13 – Las Vegas, NV, USA)
- The Fall Classic (October 10~12 – Raleigh, NC, USA)
- DreamHack Winter (November 27~30 – Jönköping, Sweden)
In total, there are 10 spots of the Capcom Pro Tour determined by premier events, while the other 6 are gauged by a point system. Points are won by the top 16 players in both premier and ranking events. We’ll list the ranking bouts below:
- SoCal Regionals (February 28~March 2, Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- PAX East (April 11~13 – Boston, MA, USA)
- E3 (June 10~12 – Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- San Diego Comic Con (July 24~27 – San Diego, CA, USA)
Naturally, the partnership with livestream site Twitch will see many of these instances receive live coverage. Capcom Pro Tour also has a site where you can stay updated.