Call of Duty Ghosts : Devastation Coming on Xbox Live First in April
The video above showcases the upcoming “Devastation” DLC for Call of Duty : Ghosts. The second DLC amongst the four planned, it will be available exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox One users at the time of it’s launch on April the 3rd.
The DLC includes four new DLC maps and a new Extinction episode that includes a giant kraken that players are supposed to engage in combat with.
Starting today, Ghosts DLC Season Pass owners on Xbox Live can also pick up the ”Ripper”, a 2-in-1 weapon — which can switch between semi automatic and assault modes – useable against other players in the first multiplayer demo weekend which kicks off tomorrow.
Alone, Devastation is available for $14.99 or is available as a part of the season pass.
Here’s some more information on the upcoming maps:
Here’s more information on the maps and the next chapter of Extinction:
- Ruins: Located in a South American setting and set amidst remnants of a mountaintop temple, with multiple levels encouraging the usage of longer-range weapons, and underground pathways perfect for close-quarters encounters. Savvy players that find and complete the unique Field Order will be able to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt, and enjoy watching enemy players attempt to take cover as fiery debris fall from the sky.
- Collision: The map is essentially what would happen if a huge tanker hit a bridge in populated new york. Set atop debris and ruins, this small map is ideal for run-and-gun tactics. Players that dominate Collision and complete the map’s specific Field Order are able to use an attack A10 which they can then use to rain down fiery death upon lesser foes.
- Behemoth: Takes place on a massive excavation platform in South America. The map is literally a floating rotating death platform with the ever looming threat of falling off being present. Long sight lines open this map up to longer-range weapons, while the compact interiors of the control rooms are ideal for SMG’s and Shotguns. Completing Behemoth’s Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing Rail Gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- Unearthed: Drops players into a re-imagined version of Dome the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. With a new look and all-new secrets, Unearthed is a compact map for all player types, who must navigate an alien artifact dig site in order to unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of some of the alien cryptids from Extinction, as well as locate the map’s secret alien weapon.
- Extinction: Episode 2 – Mayday: Following the dramatic events that took place deep within the Alaskan wilderness at the Nightfall Program research facility, the Quick Reaction Force team now heads onboard a mysterious Chinese research vessel drifting abandoned in the Tasman Sea in the South Pacific Ocean. Players will uncover a much deeper conspiracy as they pursue Captain Archer and discover what has become of Doctor Cross. Armed with multiple mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapon powered with Cryptid technology, players will come up against yet another new alien species referred to as the “Seeder,” as well as go head-to-head with a massive, 100-foot tall Cryptid enemy from the depths of the ocean…the “Kraken.”
A release date for PC and Playstation platforms still hasn’t been announced, but is expected to be done very soon.
Excited for Call of Duty Ghosts : Devastation? Hate DLCs? Voice your thoughts in the comments section below.