The Diablo 3 that you have known and cherished is over now, say hello to Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1; the difficulty settings have been replaced while clans have been introduced – but that is just the start. There is a lot more that the new patch has brought to the game, read on for more.
For starters, the original difficulty settings of Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno have been replaced by Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment while Torment lets you go up to six adjustable levels further.
Overhauling to itemization has brought forward Loot 2.0 Smart Drop System that will roll out items more suitable to your character e.g Wizards get Wizard skills bonuses and Intelligence. What’s more, there will be no cap on the Paragon levels while Paragon levels will be shared across all characters.
Here are the highlights of the areas that have been touched by Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1:
- Several quality of life changes have been applied to the User Interface
- Clans and Communities have been added to the game
- The Paragon leveling system has been completely revamped
- Monster affixes have been revisited and retuned
- Monster density has been revisited
- Wasp projectiles can now be dodged and blocked
- Itemization has undergone a major overhaul
- Potions have been condensed to a single type; they now provide 60% of your total health when consumed
- The difficulty system has been completely revised
- Crafting has received several quality of life changes
- Many bosses have had their mechanics revisted and retuned
- All the classes have been revamped and retuned
- Pools of Reflection have been added to the game
- Nephalem Glory has been added to the game
- New hero stats have been added to the game
- Players now have the ability to resurrect in multiple places when they die in Normal (non-Hardcore) games
- Player hit boxes have been adjusted to more closely represent character models
- Followers now automatically level with characters
- Quests now occasionally grant item rewards when completed during the leveling process
- Gold can no longer be traded
- Nephalem Valor has been removed from the game
- Graphics engine has been updated to support reflections
Compared to the long list of details provided by Blizzard, this would just be the tip of the iceberg; check out the full patch notes for Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1 tell us what you make of it.