Half Life 1 Multiplayer Mod “X-Half Life: Deathmatch” is Now Complete
A new multiplayer mode for the Half Life 1 has finally been completed and it is being called X-Half Life: Deathmatch (XDM). It is an Unreal Tournament-style Half-Life 1 modification.
XDM features Classic Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Domination, Co-op, Last Man Standing, new weapons, new high-quality maps, new hi-def. models and lots of special effects. It is an Unreal/UT-style HL mod with tons of familiar stuff and atmosphere.
XDM continued where Valve stopped. It provides extended features, effects and principles with full backward compatibility.
The mod will offer much in the terms of freedom in interaction with game objects, especially in multiplayer games. For example, most objects (from doors to monsters) may become team-specific, may act on behalf of a person who owns or activates them. See players getting score for smashing opponents with doors, platforms. Hacking sentry guns is also possible.
In the terms of gameplay, different types of damage will have different consequences:
- Your point of view may tilt and shake
- Screen may flash if heavy damage is sustained
- HEV HUD may be damaged by radiation, heat, electricity, etc.
- You may temporary lose ability to shoot (only at skill level 3)
- You may get set on fire or get frozen
- Some damage lasts for a while (like acid, biohazardous waste, etc.)
- Some kinds of damage can disintegrate or vaporize things
- Explosions, implosions and some other stuff may push and pull things
- Special DeadTakeDamage function is removed, damage is applied to both dead and alive things the same way.
- Most of negative effects can be neutralized by using med kits and batteries.
The Mod is compatible with all of the Half Life maps, models, sprites and sounds. It also fixes or avoids some old, typical and rare mapper mistakes.
For the full details on the Mod, check out Moddb and let us know what you thought of this Mod in the comments below!