Although it is not a very welcome news when a game is delayed; but usually it is for the better. This time, Divinity: Original Sin has been delayed from its February 28 release date to a little vague release window of spring 2014.
Being developed by Larian Studios; Divinity: Original Sin is a Kickstarter funded fantasy RPG that is supposed to be released as a prequel to Divine Divinity. The developer has said that they have delayed the game so that the extra time can be used to “implement feedback received from Steam Early Access players and Kickstarter backers.”
The news was accompanied by a trailer that gives the first glimpses at some of the landscapes from within the game’s universe as well as new creatures. Interestingly, the trailer goes on to depict how it is not just your powers that help you win a combat; there could be instances in the game when things like weather could be used for your benefit.
Here’s a list of the key features that you get to enjoy while you are in Divinity: Original Sin’s world:
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game’s designers.
Check out the new Divinity: Original Sin trailer above and let us know what you make of it.