StarCraft 2 Patch 2.1 Makes Arcade and Modding Tools Free For All
How would you like to go all in on the modding and development of StarCraft 2? Blizzard is letting you do just that. The latest patch for the game has opened up doors for every one of their fans, and it is all free.
Blizzard believes that the StarCraft 2 patch 2.1 will “help open up the StarCraft II community to a broader set of players, offering a plethora of playable Arcade games the community loves, completely free.”
It has always been a good habit of the Blizzard folks to reward their community in a good way, and we see it pays off more often than not.
Here are the full patch notes:
- The Arcade is now open for all players
- Custom games unlocked; Any map, custom team games, 1v1 custom, vs. AI
- All three races now unlocked
- Clan and Group Improvements
- More leveling awards and XP bonuses
- Classic StarCraft Soundtrack
- Extension Mods – Extension Mods will allow you to easily apply the parameters of the mods you develop to any map without having to recreate them every time you want to see how they play on a new map.
- Warcraft III Orc Heroes – Now available for map developers in the StarCraft II Editor
As far as I can see it, the way Blizzard is expanding its tools further into the community will be of great advantage to the modding community and amateur development.
You can access the aforementioned custom maps by visiting the Blizzard Arcade.