How many of you have been spending their free time hurtling across the universe in Starbound? well if you have, the game’s upcoming patch might catch your interest.
A post on the official website of Starbound has listed down the fixes and features that the upcoming patch will bring to the game. Good news for some, the new game modes being introduced will add permadeath and “drop-everything-on-death.”
Since the update is coming after quite a while of a break, the official post gives a cheesy start:
“After taking it easy over the holidays, we jumped straight into preparing the next patch. The reason it’s taking awhile? Bug fixes. Bug fixes everywhere.”
Moving on, apart from the two new game modes, random encounters will be added to the game. You will also get plenty of new “decorative hats” too. As far as the weapons are concerned, the update will add Florian thorn hammer, Florian needles, hand grenades, pulse rifles and shivs to the game.
No confirmed release date was shared though we did get a detailed account of what is being changed in Starbound:
- New game modes! Permadeath and drop-everything-on-death modes.
- Revolvers, pulse rifles, hand grenades, shivs, Floran needlers, Floran thorn hammer
- Human guards now wear soldier uniforms
- More decorative hats! Yay, hats!
- More random encounters
- Possibly more content, if it’s finished on time!
- .ds_store issue affecting OSX 9.1 users (A bug where Finder created an invisible file called .ds_store in the player folder which caused the game to crash).
- A number of character creation/selection screen crashes related to loading corrupted save files
- An issue that could prevent the launcher from starting (MSVCRT.dll)
- DirectX crash bug (303 bug)
- Several memory leaks, including the slow-but-significant server memory leak a lot of people were experiencing and GUI memory leak
- Fixed a crash bug related to GUI controls
- Reduced memory load of FTL animation
- .abc files with comments no longer crash the game, plus various .abc fixes as far as key signatures/timing
- A number of issues with players spawning underground
- A bug where players spawned outside the ship if they’d previously saved the game while in the Captain’s Chair
- Right shift key was not working as a shift key, now it is
- An issue tech slots were unusable under certain conditions
- Wiring system fixes– wires are rendered below UI elements, wires no longer break when crossed into an unloaded sector
- Added image metadata caching, improved assets caching
- Added a jeep mech that was supposed to have been in the last patch, but had mysteriously gone missing!
- Object flipping issues
- Sped up the crafting window
- Fixed a sound issue that occurred after many concurrent weapon hits
- Characters no longer blink while sleeping in beds
- Assorted minor performance improvements
If you are experiencing any errors, bugs or crashes related to Starbound, you can refer to our troubleshooting guide.
So, how pumped up are you for the Starbound experience after this patch?