Battlefield 4 PC Update Addresses Stability and Memory Leak Issues
Couple of hours ago a post appeared on the Battlefield Battlelog detailing the new Battlefield 4 PC update. Going live today, the patch will basically aim to mop up certain general stability issues.
Other than this, the Battlefield 4 PC update will be addressing the memory leak problem that first came in after level shutdowns. Player rank icons on the scoreboards were failing to stay up to date, this has also been fixed along with a fix that will now allow Asian players to run Battlefield 3 and 4 on Windows 8.1.
Here’s a full list of patch notes as provided by DICE:
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
Was there something else that you wished to see in the Battlefield 4 PC update? Let us know.