Just as the Spike VGX 2013 ended crowning Grand Theft Auto as the game of the year for 2013, I guess folks at Facebook couldn’t be left behind. Facebook Developers Blog has announced their favorite games for the year. Apart from three categories of favorite games, Criminal Case was crowned as the Game of the Year 2013.
There were a total of 23 games that made it to their lists including 10 from Europe or Middle East, 8 cross platform, 8 indie, 7 mid or hardcore, 5 arcade and 5 casino or slots games.
Criminal Case, Facebook Game of the Year 2013 combines crime scene investigation with social features that are typical to Facebook games. The game, according to a post on the Developers Blog, was selected according to user ratings, Facebook implementation, growth, and overall quality.
Other than Criminal Case the following favorite games lists were chosen upon:
Best New Games of 2013
- Bake Shop Drop by Broken Bulb Studios
- Farm Heroes Saga by King
- Heart of Vegas by Product Madness/Aristocrat
- Hit It Rich Casino Slots by Zynga
- Jelly Splash by Wooga
- Kitchen Scramble by Disney Interactive
- Monster Legends by Social Point
- The Smurfs & Co.: Spellbound by Ubisoft
- Soldiers Inc. by Plarium
- Solitaire Tales by Qublix
- Thunder Run War of Clans by SpinPunch Games
- Vikings Gone Wild by EveryDayiPlay
- DoubleU Casino by AFewGoodSoft
- Game of Thrones Ascent by Disruptor Beam
- King’s Bounty: Legions by Nival
- Panda Jam by SGN
- Wartune by 7Road/Proficient City
- War Commander by Kixeye
2013 Hall of Fame
- Candy Crush Saga by King
- DoubleDown Casino by DoubleDown Interactive/IGT
- FarmVille 2 by Zynga
- Slotomania by Playtika/Caesar’s Interactive
How much of a Facebook gamer are you?