We have been getting teasers and leaks regarding the next generation version of Tomb Raider since the past couple of weeks. This time though, Crystal Dynamics has confirmed the title for Xbox one and PlayStation 4 at the VGX 2013.
A trailer was shown at the Spike VGX 2013 yesterday where a younger, much hotter Lara Croft is first shown walking alone in a forest and suddenly the video gears up to blood pumping action sequences involving blasting helicopters, Lara’s stunt that look a striking contrast of daring and sexy as well as a group of ugly beasts.
According to a post on Tomb Raider’s Tumblr page, the game is not only an up-rez’d version of the previous game. Instead, it boasts that the game has been pulled apart and built up again with new technology and “obsessive detail.”
Apart from getting a 1080P version of the game, TressFX hair tendering and a totally revamped Lara Croft; the additional content that will come packed with the Definitive Edition is:
- The fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles
- The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer
- Eight DLC multiplayer maps
- Six DLC multiplayer weapons
- Four DLC multiplayer characters
- Six outfits for Lara
- Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
- Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
- “The Final Hours of Tomb Raider” documentary series
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is bound to be released to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 28 in North America and January 31 in Europe.