Industry analyst Michael Pachter claims that there is a new military shooter in development for 2014 which is supposedly a Battlefield spin-off.
His original statement spoke of Criterion Games working on the project and at the same time clarified that the title is not Battlefield 5.
“Although EA has as yet to announce a Battlefield extension for FY15, we believe Criterion Games is working on a military shooter that may become a brand extension for the Battlefield franchise in FY15,” he said.
According to Pachter, the troubled launch of Battlefield 4 will delay the release of a fifth installment and take it past EA’s 2015 financial year which ends on March 31, 2015.
Soon after Pachter took back his statement and then said that it’s Visceral who are developing the military shooter and not Criterion. The Dead Space developer is currently known to be only working on an untitled Star Wars game that recent rumors have said to be open-world.
EA currently has its hands full in fixing Battlefield 4. The game was released last month and since then has been plagued with issues that have resulted in players dissing the publisher on its forums. Those who did purchase a copy have been unable to enjoy or in some cases even play the game.
A couple of days ago, EA announced that it has put all of its projects on halt and a majority of its work force are now focused on ironing out issues in Battlefield 4.