Not that we didn’t expect it but it is worth reporting here that Xbox One Sales have outdone its predecessor Xbox 360 in a two to one ratio. That is not all; most of its launch titles have made it to UK’s top charts – MCVUK has reported.
Xbox 360 was released in UK eight years ago on December 2, 2005. In the launch week Xbox 360 had sold 70,000 units whereas Xbox One has sold more than 150,000 units. Other than this, the total number of console sales in the region tells us that around 80 percent of the total consoles sold were Xbox One.
Xbox One was released with 16 launch titles in the UK out of these, 10 games have made it to United Kingdom’s top 40 Chart for the week. As a matter of fact, three of Xbox One exclusives made it to the top 10.
The top ranker among Xbox One exclusives was Forza Motorsport 5 that debuted at number 5. As expected, Dead Rising 3 was also among the top 10 and came in at number 7 while Ryse: Son of Rome took the number 10.
FIFA 14 took the number 1 spot with a 328 percent hike in sales all thanks to the Xbox One Day One Edition consoles bundle which boxed the game with the next generation console. This also resulted in Call of Duty: Ghosts being dethroned.
The launch of the console also spiked up the sales for Battlefield 4 making it to number 3, previously ranked at number 5. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag held its spot on number 4 and the racing simulation Forza 5 entered the charts as a new entry and made it to the number 5.
Here’s the complete chart:
1. FIFA 14 (ranked 3rd last week)
2. Call Of Duty: Ghosts (ranked 1st last week)
3. Battlefield 4 (ranked 5th last week)
4. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (ranked 4th last week)
5. Forza Motorsport 5 (new entry)
6. Lego: Marvel Superheroes (ranked 2nd last week)
7. Dead Rising 3 (new entry)
8. Grand Theft Auto 5 (ranked 6th last week)
9. The Legend Of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (new entry)
10. Ryse: Son Of Rome (new entry)