Booting FIFA 14 on Xbox One With Two Controllers Causing Crashes
The EA Sports support page is warning FIFA 14 players to not boot the game with two controllers on the Xbox One or else risk the game to crash on startup.
According to the post, “using two separate controllers, both assigned to user profiles, and then using controller two to navigate the bootflow when FIFA 14 is loading can result in a crash.”
The issue is an annoying one indeed and EA Sports is currently working on a fix. However until then, players should boot the game with a single controller and once in the main menu, turn on the second controller.
That’s not the only issue plaguing players on the Xbox One. Many have also reported that suspending the console while on the title screen disables access to the game’s online features.
EA Sports has acknowledged both reports and have promised them to be fixed in the game’s Day One update. Additionally the update will include other fixes as well:
- FIFA fans cannot join Friends Only matches via a friend’s profile (PS4 Only). You should: Accept the invite from the user when it comes through and you will be able to join the match properly.
- Title crash in Co-Op seasons if the captain is using a custom formation and the non-captain does not have any custom formations (XB1 Only). You should: Make sure you have the same amount of custom formations as your teammate, or not use them.
- The ‘Seasons Win’ item in the EA SPORTS FC catalogue will not be properly received if gifted to a friend. (BOTH PS4/XB1) You should: Hold off on gifting this item until the upcoming title update.
- Compatibility improvements with Xbox voice commands (XB1 Only).
- When playing as a GK in Pro Clubs, you will have no way of changing the camera off of the ‘End To End’ camera (XB1 Only).
Expect the update to arrive in a couple of days.
FIFA 14 on Xbox One was a launch title just like it was for PS4. The previous-generation versions were released back in September.
So, are any of these bugs annoying enough for you?
Source: EA Sports Support