Xbox One Twitch App Only Allows Viewing at Launch but has Acheivements
The version of Twitch App that will accompany Xbox One upon its release will not allow live broadcasting rather it will just allow you to view the broadcasts. As a plus point, the app will let you view any stream from anywhere which is not the case in PlayStation 4.
Multitasking with Xbox One is going to be a hot topic come November 22; you will be able to watch Twitch simultaneously while you play a game on the console.
This functionality will be enabled through the Snap feature that lets you in the app on a side of the screen when you are playing, the rest of the screen will be available to you for playing.
Other than this, Xbox One Twitch App will come with a set of achievements of its own. After you have an Xbox Live Gold premium service you will be able to access the Twitch App and even unlock achievements.
Certain achievements will be awarded to users after watching for a certain length of time or viewing at a specific time. There will be a total of 10 achievements unlockable through Xbox One Twitch, here is the full list:
- Newcomer – Watch one hour of live video on Twitch
- Competitive – Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch
- Best Viewer – Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitc
- Hipster – Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Talent Scout – Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Max Bandwidth – Watch a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around the Clock – Watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time: Watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hourO from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday