Konami has released a few factoids for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, revealing some new information. In an earlier Facebook post from producer Dave Cox, the game revealed the following 10 bits of information:
- Gabriel Belmont gets his Lords of Shadow clothes from the cover of the Simon’s Quest NES game.
- Other voice actors for Dracula were considered with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Gerard Butler, who both have experience with the role. Butler plays King Leonidas in 300.
- The Lords of Shadow Mercury Engine 2 is built from the ground up to work for next generation systems.
- Enemies and characters are inspired from previous titles.
- Guillermo Del Toro, known for his movies Hellboy, Pan’s Labyrinth and the recent Pacific Rim, is said to be a major influence for the series.
- Both orchestrated and electronic methods are used for the creation of music in Lords of Shadow 2, to emphasize its role between past and present.
- Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
- In the Mirror of Fate game, there’s a continuity reference where Trevor Belmont is married to Sypha Belnades. This is set up in the NES game Dracula Curse, during the ending scene with Trevor.
- None other than Konami wonder child Hideo Kojima played Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Lords of Shadow
- Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
An earlier developer diary for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 revealed the motivations for Gabriel Belmont, who has since become Dracula. There, more referencing material is revealed, such as the Dracula movie with Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is the first title in the franchise where it’s possible to have Dracula as a playable character.