Although it was possible for Steam users to download a game while playing another it was more like how you feel when you text while driving; either you stop texting half way or you stop driving, even worse you hit the divider sometimes.
With the new Steam Update Valve has ensured, among many other things that you get to multitask in this regard.
Previously, users would sometimes face their download being paused involuntarily. This of course was a little bothersome, especially for those who are running on a clock or just trying to pass the time while the download completes.
Other than this, a long list of fixes and updates has been shared by Valve that includes the option to set download timings, ability to add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada.
Here’s what you get:
- Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps.
- Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting).
- Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada.
- Add ‘Copy all text to clipboard’ context menu option in the System Information dialog.
- Steam client UI.
- Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window.
- Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options.
- Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates.
- Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch.
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn’t moved.
- Fix paste pasting stale text.
- Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
- Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.