The previously promised Beach Bum update for Grand Theft Auto Online has been confirmed by Rockstar for a release on November 19.
The update will bring forth new jobs in the online mode, including Survival, Races, Deathmatches, Gang attacks and Last Team Standing missions; all of which will be centered around Los Santos’ beach.
In the announcement made, Rockstar detailed five of the new missions.
- Grass Route II (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- Survival on Del Perro Pier (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- View of Vespucci (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- Paleto Beach (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ’em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- Sundae Driving (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Players will also be treated to four new vehicles: the BF Bifta dune buggy, Canis Kalahari off-roader, Bravado Paradise camper van and the Speeder speedboat. These can be used in both the multiplayer as well as single-player campaign.
In the weaponry department, the Beach Bum update will add the SNS Pistol and Broken Bottle, as well as a slew of apparel customization options and other beach gear.
Rockstar has promised plenty of more title updates that will bring in more content in the months to come.