Developer Infinity Ward has recently posted a new blog detailing Call of Duty: Ghosts Perks and explains how the new system exactly works.
The game will have a total of 35 Perks, divided equally amongst 7 different categories. The cost for using each Perk will vary, and equipping these Perks in your load-out will require Perk Points. The cheapest Perks will cost only one point, where as the most expensive ones can take up to 5 points.
All players will start with 8 Perk Points that they can assign to different Perks to make their own combination. You can free up more points by not equipping yourself with any primary, secondary, tactical and/or lethal items. Each piece of equipment that you don’t take into battle gives you one additional point to spend on Perks. Going into a multiplayer match with just a knife will let you spend a maximum of 12 points on Perks.
The blog post gives a little information about each Perk category and lists two Perks from each as examples. We’ve gathered them down below:
Outrun and outmaneuver enemy players. Speed Perks are all about getting the lead and staying ahead. Examples include:
- Sleight of Hand: Faster reloading.
- Stalker: Move faster while aiming.
Dexterity and control drives the Handling Perks, improving actions and accuracy. Examples include:
- On the Go: Reload while sprinting.
- Steady Aim: Increased hip fire accuracy.
Stealth Perks aid you in staying out of sight, maintaining a low profile and engaging on your terms. Examples include:
- Takedown: Kill enemies without revealing their death locations.
- Incog: Resistant to targeting systems including: Recon, Thermal Scope, Tracker Sight and Motion Sensor. No name or red crosshairs when targeted.
Keep in tune with your surroundings. Awareness Perks help you survey the environment and detect enemy players. Examples include:
- SitRep: Detect enemy explosives and tactical equipment.
- Wiretap: Utilize all active enemy and friendly SAT COMs on the field.
A hardened endurance reduces the effects of fatigue. Resistance Perks keep you going through tough engagements. Examples include:
- Focus: Reduced weapon sway when aiming down sights and reduced flinch when hit.
- Blast Shield: Increased resistance to explosive damage.
Tacticians swear by their gear, and Equipment Perks ensure you have the best tools on hand. Examples include:
- Extra Tactical: Additional Tactical equipment.
- Extra Attachment: Extra attachment for your weapons.
Elite Perks offer special abilities that affect your loadouts in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- Gambler: Spawn with a random Perk.
- Ping: Activate a sonar ping upon killing an enemy, revealing nearby hostiles.
How much of a difference the new Perks will make remains to be seen. Call Of Duty: Ghosts is slated for a November 5th release.