Sony is bringing TuneIn, the world’s most popular online radio streaming service, to the PlayStation 3 today and PlayStation Vita next week.
According to the announcement made on the PlayStation Blog, the TuneIn app is going to offer more than 70,000 AM, FM and internet radio stations, as well as live music from venues like Bumbershoot, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Outside Lands and SXSW.
Here’s a more detailed listing of their services which PlayStation users will be able to enjoy:
- World’s Radio: With over 70,000 stations and 2 million podcasts from around the world, TuneIn is a leading service for listening to music, sports, and news.
- Live Music: Live Music on TuneIn lets listeners discover and enjoy unplugged, acoustic, and even local performances from their favorite artists — plus, TuneIn has partnered with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Austin’s
- SXSW, San Francisco’s Outside Lands, and Seattle’s Bumbershoot to make live music festivals available to music fans everywhere.
- Sports: TuneIn offers listeners the ability to catch a wide variety of live sports, including college football, cricket, lacrosse, and baseball.
- Talk: Listen to the world’s best comedians and personalities on TuneIn, like NPR’s “Fresh Air,” “This American Life,” or the Adam Carolla Show.
You will be able to find the TuneIn app under the “What’s New” and the “TV/Video Services” sections of the XMB and the “Apps” section of the PlayStation Store for the PlayStation 3.
Source: PlayStation Blog