Ironic that the PlayStation consumers would rag on Microsoft for releasing a day one patch for the Xbox One; since Sony has also just announced their own day one patch for the PlayStation 4.
The patch is mandatory for the PS4 and adds a number of features at launch. However the patch notes do not include the ability to put the console in sleep mode. Update 1.50 is going to weigh in around a mighty 300 MB and will add the following features:
- Remote Play using the PlayStation Vita
- Second screen gaming using the PS4 Link app for PlayStation Vita and mobile devices
- The ability to record and share screenshots and video
- Use of Ustream and Twitch apps
- The ability to play games as they are downloading
- The ability for four users to log into the PS4 simultaneously
- Party chat
- Facial recognition and voice commands
- A background music player
- Online multiplayer through PlayStation Plus
- Blu-ray disc and DVD player capabilities
Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game
The PlayStation 4 will launch on November 15, 2013 in North America and November 29, 2013 in Europe for $399.
Source PlayStation Blog