GTA Online Patch 1.02 Released, Fixes Detailed
They promised it will come out yesterday but who cares it came a day late as long as the problems are fixed right? Mighty good news for all the Los Santos goers! The first patch for Grand Theft Auto 5 is finally out.
It’s highly unlikely that any of us wouldn’t know about the messy gameplay that GTA 5’s Online iteration cam with. Being a game that hones tens of millions of players already, we can be nothing else but thankful to Rockstar for being quick on action.
The title update has been has been made available on PlayStation 3 already while the developer is in talks with Microsoft to get it published on Xbox 360 by tonight – let’s just hope they do just that.
First and the foremost, it will ensure that you do not get stuck in the tutorial mode like many of us have and safeguard your cash which was reported to have been deleted in some instances. According to the official announcement as much as ten problematic areas have been fixed including:
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Unfortunately, there has been no word on microtransactions that were disabled due to the server issues that led to an early patch being required. I believe once Rockstar is sure that the game has gained a steady flow all around we will be able to use GTA$ Cash Cards too.
What other problems have you been facing? Let us know below.