GTA Online Errors, Freezes, Corrupted Saves Fixes are Coming
GTA Online just went live a few hours ago, and is playable by those who have GTA V installed. However, the multiplayer seems to be giving players a variety of problems, so minor while others major.
Players on average have been experience delayed load times and other issues due to server overloading, but many are also facing problems that are directly affecting the saved game files in the singleplayer.
Rockstar did warn prior to release that there would be problems due to server traffic, and here are the issues listed by Rockstar Support that users may face:
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc)
However, there has been no mention of the multiplayer completely corrupting or even deleting singleplayer game saves. Apparently, this issue isn’t limited to a single platform, as seen by the various number of complaints by affected players on NeoGAF.
Grand Theft Auto V has had record breaking sales, so it is expected to have server-related problems during the initial set of hours after the release. However, until and unless the singeplayer problem is addressed, we recommend not to play the GTA Online multiplayer for preserving your hard-earned progress in the game.