Publisher EA and developer DICE have released a lot of new details regarding Battlefield 4’s Premium Subscription, its five DLC packs, the beta, a new mode and map.
The last two were actually revealed to us at Gamescom 2013 yesterday but we’re going to wrap it all in a single post.
The multiplayer beta of the game will begin in early October. However, for those who have pre-ordered Battlefield 4 or had purchased a copy of Medal of honor: Warfighter Limited Edition, the beta will begin exclusively three days earlier. When live, the beta will feature the Conquest mode and the Siege of Shanghai map.
At Gamescom 2013 EA revealed a new map called “Paracel Storm”, set in the south of the China Sea and focusing heavily on naval warfare. The accompanying trailer released showed off how their dynamic weather system can cause the rivers to rise and create hazardous crashing waves, spelling doom for inexperienced soldiers.
Alongside that we were also given details for the Obliteration mode. Players are tasked with destroying the enemy’s base by transporting a bomb, which is spawned randomly on the map, making both teams scurrying into action.
The Battlefield 4 Premium is available at a $50 membership scheme which will grant early access to five digital expansion packs, as well as other features:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – “Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.”
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – “Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.”
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – “Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.”
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – “The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.”
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – “Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.”
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4
“Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing,” said DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach. “We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in. With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value.”
Battlefield 4 will release on October 29 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Next-gen versions will follow at a later date.