Don Bradman Gets a Video Game Title
If there was to be just one sportsman who’d deserve a game title after his name it would be none other than Sir Don Bradman – or so I believe. Looks like Big Ant Studios realize that as they have recently announced Don Bradman Cricket 14 through a press release, reports VG247.
According to a post on VG247 today, the developers behind PS Vita’s Fruit Ninja have shared news that the cricketing game will be hitting the market later this year.
The press release also stated a collaboration between Big Ant Studios and publisher HES as well as the Bradman Foundation to take this epic venture to completion. Don Bradman also known as “The Don” is arguably the greatest Test Cricketer in the history of the game and conceivably, the video game in his name would be an honor.
HES’ Managing Director Sebastian Giompaolo also believes the same:
“It is indeed an honor to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time.”
The people at HES are surely confident that they are working on the biggest cricketing game of all times for they say that “Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.”
The game is definitely pouring out some good features including quite a few new ones as well as some typical to sporting games:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 meter bowler to deliver that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customization of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save System that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
The game will be releasing to PlayStation3, Xbox 360 and PC most probably at the end of this year. Thanks VG247!