NHL 14 is being developed by EA Canada and we have learnt that the game will be hitting the racks on September 10th. With only one month remaining, news have been pouring in regarding the game every now and then. Only recently EA gave out some of the improvements that have been made to the online mode of the ice hockey frenzy.
It is a 6v6 online mode that will come to Xbox 360 and PS3 only a month from now, and the gameplay doesn’t stop getting better so as to provide “more streamlined and accessible experience for both new and veteran players” –in words of the EA Sports Website. Here’s how they are doing it:
- The season’s mode previously famous for FIFA will be introduced to EA Sports Hockey League. Players will be able to advance by winning games and trudge up the ladder facing tougher competitors every time –tracking performance will also be possible through The Seasons HUB “The game has 10 divisional tiers” as per Gameinformer.
- There will be weekly playoffs with double elimination which mean you stand more chance to last longer, so do your enemies.
- A returning feature of matchmaking has been improved so as to make it easier for players to hook up with other EASHL teams of similar levels to theirs.
- There will be ranked club challenges as long as the challengers and the facers are within the range of two divisions from each other –lacking this doesn’t mean they won’t be able to challenge each other but the game will then be an unranked challenge.
- Upgrades have been made a little easier with the introduction of vouchers that will upgrade your skills with a specific quantity and be used on which ever skill you want. For instance, if you want a +3 speed, instead of having to buy +3 speeds you can buy a voucher of +3 and use it wherever you want.
- When editing attributes, a cap will be placed on all players, exceeding that cap would mean the excess is not being used as will be denoted by the red marker. You will not be able to increase the cap by addition XP or even a combination of XP and PULC boosts.
This is just a few, there are more to come and there have been many features already shared by the developers, keep checking for more!