Caius Ballad Confirmed for Lightning Returns
In a recent interview conducted at a Japanese expo, director of Lightning Returns Kitase-san has revealed that Caius Ballad will be returning to the game.
The entire interview is currently only available in Japanese. However, an English version of only the major points has been brought forward which also contains more surprises other than the return of Caius.
- he music composers that made the soundtrack for Final Fantasy XIII are back.
- In terms of gameplay, the temporal aspect of the game – the 13 day doomsday clock- is a determining factor. All gameplay elements are linked to this concept. The “Active Time Battle” system is now faster and more action-oriented.
- The developers are aware that the time limit can be stressful for players, but, they say that there are ways to maximize the clock up to 13 days instead of the original 7 days. Some quests have strict time limit. This is to motivate players to do their best.
- A source of inspiration for the game was the movie “In Time”.
- There is no other sequel to after this. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will complete the “XIII saga”.
- Caius Ballad will return.
- Kitase and Toriyama are interested in making other outfits from previous Final Fantasy characters for Lightning.
- Trophies are easier to obtain in this game.
- Toriyama states, “Lightning is different, attractive, and will be massively appreciated by all fans!”
Fans would be hoping for Square Enix to bring forth more details on Caius’ involvement in Lightning Returns. It’s also possible that we see other characters returning as well. We already know of some who previously were involved in XIII and XIII-2.