Microsoft’s Xbox event is upon us. May 21st is just around the corner and I’m sure everyone is anxiously waiting to see how their new device is going to fare up against the PlayStation 4.
So what can you expect from the private event? Microsoft has already stated that they intend to “share [their] vision for Xbox and give you a real taste of the future.” What many of us will be hoping for though is that vision comes in the shape of games only. I doubt anyone would be that interested in knowing how many share features the new Xbox has or what the new Dashboard update will bring to the table.
It’s all about the games and Sony has done well for itself with their initial announcement. That said, Microsoft is looking to pave the way to a new era on May 21st with their own line up of exclusive titles.
The information comes from Aaron Greeberg, Microsoft’s Chief of Staff for Interactive Entertainment Business, who spoke in Major Nelson’s latest podcast, informing us that:
We’re really going to tell one story across two events. So we’re going to start on the 21st and really that’s about revealing the next Xbox platform, really our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned.
E3 is all about the games. At E3, I mean, if you’re a gamer, it’s going to be tonnes of exclusives, world premieres, and obviously even beyond that we have a lot to share between then and this holiday.
With only a couple of days left it’s time to wrap up the rumors for exclusive titles for the new Xbox.
- 343 Industries have been stated to have started work on a Halo 5 since December of last year.
- Ryse is said to be taking advantage of the new Kinect 2.0 to pull off an insane sword fighting experience.
- Forza 5, a no-brainer there. You can’t have an Xbox launch without a new Forza.
- Development for Fable 4 has allegedly begun at Lionhead Studios.
- Not an exclusive but we expect Activision to announce some sort of exclusive release timeline for the new Call of Duty: Ghosts.