Sony has officially announced Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 this holiday season, with a demo scheduled to go live in July.
“I’d like to announce today that we are developing GT6 for the holiday season this year on the PlayStation 3,” said Polyphony Digital and creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi.
According to earlier leaks and what we could dig up on your own, here is what you can expect from the new Gran Turismo installment.
- The sixth iteration will feature a new game engine that will push the PS3 to its limits.
- Alongside that we also will get a new physics engine, which will feature new suspension and kinematic models, new tyre and aerodynamic models.
- The game will boast a total of 1200 cars, including historic and the latest models.
- Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
- On-going DLC will continue to add cars online.
- The game will launch with 33 locations and 71 layouts. More tracks will be added with future DLC.
- New Course Maker
- Players can organize and form their own racing communities and create or manage their own online events.
- New user interface with quick loading times.
- Will be compatible with smart phones and tablets.
More information has been promised by Sony at E3 in June.