Might and Magic Heroes 6 Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
Might and Magic Heroes 6: Shades of Darkness just got released on PC and the healthy community of the series is wasting no time to jump into action with this turn-based strategy thriller. The game, however, has its own fair share of issues that are troubling some users.
Although the support team is quite active in attending to these issues, patience sometimes is a hard thing to come by. So if you are looking for workarounds to make the game playable or improve the experience, browse through our list.
#1 Might and Magic Heroes 6 Missing Content
Many users are facing this issue and the developer has taken notice of the issue. You need to be patient as they sort out the fuss. In the meanwhile, you can contact their support if you want. The issue can also be related to the servers being down so you need to wait till the servers go back online.
#2 Might and Magic Heroes 6 Launcher Issue
If you are having problem with the launcher and are unable to launch the game, you need to do the following:
Make sure that your firewall isn’t blocking the game. You can disable it temporarily to check if the firewall or any other security tool is creating problem. If you don’t want to disable them, you need to open the following ports for the proper connection:
[TCP & UDP] 80, 443, 3074, 24650, 24659, 27050, 75054
[TCP] 13000, 13005, 13200-13999
#3 Might and Magic Heroes 6 Connection Issues
If you can’t seem to connect or having horrible lag during the gameplay, try the points mention in #2. Also make sure that you aren’t running any background applications. You can disable all the background applications by following these simple steps:
- Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7).
- Delete anything on the Open line that you’ll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility.
- Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don’t see this, make sure you’ve clicked on General, near the top of the window).
- After you’ve chosen Selective Startup, uncheck ‘Load Startup Items’.
- It’s done, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer.
#4 Might and Magic Heroes 6 Save Games Issue Fix
In order to fix the issues related to save games, follow these steps:
- Launch the Uplay PC client (Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> Uplay)
- Click the settings button in the top right corner
- Uncheck Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games.
The cloud save will keep track of all the save games and you will be fine.
#5 Might and Magic Heroes 6 – Black Screen Issue
The black screen has been a major problem for many users. You can try the following workarounds to fix the issue:
If you have two graphics cards, make sure that the game is using the dedicated memory instead of integrated. You can do that by using Nvidia control panel.
If that doesn’t work, try rolling back to Nvidia drivers 301.42 as the newest drivers seem to have showing some conflict with the game.
The developer is aware of the issue and they are working to fix it with the next patch so stay tuned.
#6 Might and Magic Heroes 6 – Sound Issue Fix
If you are running version 1.8. it’s recommended that you update your client to 2.1. The update seems to have fixed the issue for many users. And if you can’t update, try restarting your system.
#7 Might and Magic Heroes 6 Runtime Error
If you are receiving this error, you need to install the complete microsoft redistibutables package and .Net Framework.
If you come across any other issues, let us know by commenting below!