God Mode Crashes To Desktop, PC Tweaks, Errors, Freezes and Fixes
When I heard the name first, I thought God Mode would be a RPG with some supernatural touch. Surprisingly, it turned out to be an arcade shooter with a unique addiction. Yes, you can easily get addicted to it, especially if you like arcade shooters.
God Mode just got released on PC along with Xbox 360 and PS3 and fans across the globe seem quite excited about it.
If you have bought the game on PC, then there are chances that you might be facing some issues/bugs not allowing you to start or play the game normally. If you indeed are, refer to the following workarounds to fix these issues.
#1 God Mode – Game Crashes on Start-up (CTD)
It’s the most common problem faced by many users out there. To fix the issue, you can try out the following:
- Switch the applications exe to run in compatibility mode for another operating sysem. Switching the compatibility mode to
- Windows 98 seems to have worked for many users.
- Make sure that your .NET framework is up to date.
- Like always, you should be sure that you are running the latest version of drivers for your hardware.
- Also, make sure that your firewall or any other security software installed is not blocking the game.
#2 God Mode – The game Takes too Long in Matchmaking
There are a few things you can try to smoother the experience:
- Try running the game as administrator.
- Make sure that the game is not being blocked by your firewall or any other security software.
- If the problem persists for a long time, wait a little as it can sometimes happen due to servers being overloaded.
#3 God Mode – The Game Stuck at Loading
I will recommend that you first verify the game cache. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the ‘game_local.cfg’ file so that it is reset may help you to resolve the issue. Don’t forget to run the game as administrator.
#4 God Mode – The Game Crashes on Match Start
If after a couple of games, your game crashes on the regular basis, try the fixes mentioned in the first point. If that doesn’t help, there is a workaround you can use till the next patch arrives. After playing a game or two at max, don’t enter the next game directly rather head to the main menu and then click create a match or any other action you want to perform.
#5 God Mode – Black Screen/Crashes
If you are facing black screen and long loading times, it’s recommended that you switch your output sound to speakers rather than your GFX. It’s not a permanent fix but atleast, you will be able to play the game.
#6 God Mode – How to fix ‘MINIDUMP.DMP’ Crash
After starting the game, minimize it by pressing Alt+Tab. Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GodMode\bin and delete the Minidump.bmp file present there. If that doesn’t work for you, as a temporary work around, quit the game an re-launch after every match. Hectic i know, but that can be your only option to get rid of the crash unless a patch is released.
#7 God Mode – Can’t Go Online
If you are facing this problem whole switch from LAN to online mode, you should switch to ‘Available to Friends’ on Steam to fix the issue.
If you are experiencing something that isn’t listed, comment and we will try to help you out!