Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 Hot Fix Rolls Out For Bank Vault Glitch
As with any game, bugs and glitches exist within Borderlands 2. Currently the most notorious of these bugs is one that allows you to store an infinite amount of items in your bank vault as well as your item stash.
Normally you can only keep four items in your stash and twelve or so in your bank, forcing you to decide what loot you want to hang onto and what needs to be sold or thrown away. Whilst players have been taking advantage of it, Gearbox have been working on fixing it and returning things to the status quo.
The new update does get rid of this infinite item glitch, which has some gamers who’ve been taking advantage of this glitch a bit worried.
Fortunately Gearbox aren’t pure evil and have made it so that the bank will still hold any extra items that were stored before this glitch was fixed, but won’t let you store any additional items until the number of items in the bank has returned to a normal level. Your precious loot is safe folks, there’s no need to worry about it.
This update has also added in some new secret items that you won’t get to see until next week. These items are the ones that have been included with Poker Night 2 that will release next Tuesday, April 23.
There’s some choice gear in there, such as the Portal Sentry gun themed outfit for Zer0 the Assassin or the Poker Visor for Maya the Siren. There’s simlar gear for each of the Boderlands 2 playable characters, as well as some cool new items for your Team Fortress 2 classes.
You can download the patch now from Xbox Live, PSN or Steam if you haven’t already. For full patch notes, check out below:
- Added support and compatibility for upcoming content, including character customizations unlocked by playing Poker Night 2.
- Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum — it does not forcibly remove or delete any items.
- Added a preview of available premium customizations when using a customization station so that players can see what a purchased head or skin would look like before buying.
- Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible occasionally through the Siren’s Res skill.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from choosing a new customization from SHiFT when creating a character immediately after redeeming a customization code.
- Added a new automatic backup feature — the game will periodically create a backup of your current character so that there is something to fall back on if your character save becomes corrupted.
- The game will now attempt to automatically delete older compatibility packs that are no longer needed in order to free up some hard drive space.
- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
- Bad Hair Day
- Best Minion Ever
- Fixed a bug that could cause the “Wildlife Preservation” mission boss to sometimes continue fighting after the encounter in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue that could cause Scarlett to not drop Scarlett’s Greed in the fight with Roscoe.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player’s grenade count to not be saved properly if they were using a Grenadier class mod.
- Fixed a bug causing Seraph items of the day to incorrectly be capped at level 55.
- Rebalanced the Gunzerker’s Titan class mod to be more in line other Gunzerker class mods.
- Fixed an issue where the Evolution shield could incorrectly list a Recharge Delay of 0.00 seconds.
- Fixed audio from Impact shields not playing when connected to another player.
- Fixed an issue causing audio distortion in some cases when a transfusion projectile got stuck inside an object.