Shootmania Storm Errors, Crashes, Freezes, Lag, Connection Problems and Fixes
Developers and Publishers in the modern day are trying to re-invent the fast staling shooting Genre. Different games in different settings and concepts are being worked on, and Shootmania Storm by Ubisoft and Nadeo is one good example of such deviation.
The fast-paced online shooter lets players to engage in action-packed battles. Other basic elements like different weapons and character progression can keep you busy for a long time.
Like its sister games (Track Mania and Quest Mania, etc.), Shootmania Storm also utilizes the Maniaplanet launcher which can give you some troubles. So, if you haven’t been able to start the game or the game is in unplayable form, you must be looking for solutions, right? Well, we have shortlisted the workarounds for the general issues you might come across in the game to help get started.
#1 Shootmania Storm – The Game Doesn’t Start
If you start the game and nothing happens, then you should first try launching the game as administrator. And if you get the message that the game is already running starting the game second time, use the task manager to close the process manually. Furthermore, make sure that Internet Explorer is not in offline mode as the game uses some parts of it for connection.
#2 Shhotmania Storm – Can’t Change the “ALT” Key
It seems like you can’t change the key as it’s hard-coded. There might be a workaround or fix later but for the time being, you will have to get used to it.
#3 Shootmania Storm Lag Issues/Connection Problems
You can do the following to reduce the lag or fix the connection issues you might be facing:
- Make sure that the game is not being blocked by your firewall or any other security program installed on your PC.
- Try finding servers that are in your region or closest to you. This is important as many players don’t realize that what region servers they are using until they are told about it.
- Shut down any background applications that might be consuming your bandwidth.
#4 Shootmania Storm – How to Join Siege Mode
There is no separate title for this mode. So, all you need to do is find a server for the concerned mode and then join it. The mode is integrated into the game.
#5 Unable to Play Shootmania Storm – Game Requires an Update
If you keep getting that message and you aren’t getting any automatic updates, you should do the following to resolve the issue:
- Login here with your ManiaPlanet username and password.
- In the menu-bar, hover over “Account” and then click on the bottom entry “Optional updates”
- Set “I want optional updates” to “No” and re-install the game.
If that doesn’t work for you, i will recommend that you download the “Maniaplanet.exe” file from the official website rather than Steam. This may help you enter the game.
#6 Shootmania Storm Crashes on Moving the Mouse
The issue must have been fixed in the full version but if you are still encountering the problem, you should try the following workaround:
- In the game launcher, click Configuration > Advanced > Compatibility and check Emulate cursor tab
- Click OK twice and Save. When the cursor is emulated, its reaction time will be slightly slower and you may not see the crash again.
#7 Shootmania Storm – 0xc150002 Error at Launch
The error corresponds to the older version of redistributable package. You need to download the latest version from here.
If you come across any other issue, let us know in the comments and we will help you out!