Earning and spending experience in Age of Wushu is a very different beast than what you’re probably used to in other mmos. There are no levels in the game, and whenever you earn experience it gets stored into your experience pool for conversion into cultivation points later, up to a cap.
If you examine the exp page for your character you will see a number of confusing orbs. Basically, experience is stored in the five small orbs (the big one in the middle is just a visual representation of how much space is left in the small orbs). The orb on the lower left contains cultivation points and the one on the right holds your locked potential.
You level skills using cultivation points which you get by converting experience points from the small orbs. However, each of the orbs has a different rate of conversion, with the first orb only granting 10 points per 100 seconds up to the fifth orb which converts at a rate of 200 points per 100 seconds.
If you are not a VIP member, then the conversion will be reduced by 30% with the excess going into the locked potential orb. For example, a VIP members fifth pool with convert 200 points in 100 seconds but a non-VIP’s fifth pool with only send 140 points into the Cultivated pool and 60 points into the locked potential.
You can access the locked potential by using gold. So, now that you hopefully understand a little about exp conversion, we get to the meat of this guide; Optimizing conversion rates to get the most cultivation points possible.
One thing I didn’t mention is that the conversion rates of your exp orbs are not set in stone, various buffs and consumables can affect this rate and here I will list them all for your benefit.
- Guild Territory Defense tasks provide you with a 30% increased conversion rate.
- School Patrols provide a 10% increased conversion rate.
- The following consumables increase conversion but cannot be stacked with each other, you can also only use 35 of these a week:
- Jackdaw Herb (25% Increase in cultivation rate, for 10 minutes)
- Yellow White Pill (50% Increase in cultivation rate, for 20 minutes)
- Chi Accumulation Pill (100% Increase in cultivation rate, for 30 minutes)
- Palpitation Relieving And Vital Energy Regulating Pill (150% Increase in cultivation rate, for 45 minutes)
- Green Pill (250% Increase in cultivation rate, for 60 minutes)
- Divination Buffs granted from other players can give you increased conversion.
- Prayer provides you with 4% to 8% boost to conversion for 30 minutes, depending on how much you spend.
- The Jianghu Arena can provide you with a number of stackable buffs that boost conversion speed:
- Winning Jianghu Arena – Winning a Jianghu Arena duel will give you 1 stack of the buff which is a 10% increase to experience conversion speed for 10 minutes. This buff can be stacked 5 times giving you a maximum limit of 50% increase in cultivation rate.
- Losing Jianghu Arena – Losing a Jianghu Arena duel will give you 1 stack of the buff which is a 5% increase to experience conversion speed for 10 minutes. This buff can be stacked 5 times giving you a maximum limit of 25% increase in cultivation rate.
If you have any other tips, comment and we will add it in.