God of War: Ascension got some praise for the newly added multiplayer functionality to the series, but it appears that there are still some post launch kinks to work out. The latest patch that is currently in development over at Santa Monica will fix a few multiplayer issues that players are facing and also boost the level cap of champions.
Along with adding some multiplayer features and fixes, the patch will also fix the issue pestering with the games audio dropping out of sync for the single player portion.
Sony Santa Monica is yet to announce a proper release date for the patch and they have given a pretty straightforward answer when a fan asked about the release date, mainly so that he can play the single player.
@justincasuccio We aren’t going to promise a date that isn’t locked, there’s your brutal honesty =) but we’re close nonetheless
The current change log for the patch is:
- Every God allegiance level cap increasing from 30 to 40
- With the cap increase, a new item, two new relics, and an ultimate magic will be added for each allegiance
- You can now access your accomplishments in battles from the main menu, which includes death/kill ratios, win percentages, and Trial of the Gods stats
- Bug fixes and other fixes
- Audio drop issues are being fixed
- Further improvements to make getting into matches quicker added daily
Share and Unlock Requirement Fixes
- Addressing the shard issue preventing players from attaining the Spear of Destiny and Barbarian Hammer in version 1.04 (possibly sooner), and have made additional tuning changes, namely on weapon shard drops for some of the rarer weapons, as well as unlock requirements for certain armor pieces, weapon stats, and magics.
As you can see, there is a lot to look forward to especially if you are getting attached to the multiplayer.