New Content Already Available for Gears of War: Judgment
Despite not being two weeks old, there’s already a new gamemode and title update for Gears of War: Judgment available for free.
If you jump on the Xbox Live Marketplace now you can get the new Execution multiplayer mode and the Haven map for free. There’s a catch though, they’re only available free gratis for a limited time, so snap them up whilst you can.
The new Execution gamemode is similar to the Deathmatch gamemode that you’re already familiar with. However, there’s a twist: Downed players will revive automatically after a short time if an enemy player doesn’t execute them.
You can download the content now from the title menu or the Xbox dashboard. There is a dialog box that will prompt you to download the content, but a bug is preventing that from working properly.
Speaking of bugs, what about the title update? It fixes a few things for the better, here’s the patch notes from Epic:
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.
Source. Epic Forums