People are furiously data mining the Public Test Realm patch notes for Patch 5.3 for WoW and with good reason, because the upcoming patch contains more battle pets and achievements.
The Unborn Val’kyr was tweeted recently by Cory Stockton, a developer at Blizzard, and it looks adorable and terrifying at the same time. Who’s a good little angel of death?
A new battle pet wanders the vast expanse of Northrend in patch 5.3. The elusive Unborn Val’kyr awaits! twitter.com/mumper/status/…
— Cory Stockton (@mumper) March 25, 2013
The Val’kyr served as servants of the Lich King and figure heavily in the home city of the Death Knight playable class. We don’t have any news on how to get it or it’s abilities, however.
We’ve also learned of a new achievement called Raiding with Leashes 2: Attunement Edition, which involves you collecting a bunch more pets. Here are the pets that have been added to Burnin Crusade Raids:
- Lil’Bad Wolf (Spiky Collar)
- Menagerie Custodian (Instant Arcane Sanctum Security Kit)
- Netherspace Abyssal (Netherspace Portal-Stone)
- Tideskipper (Shell of Tide-Calling)
- Fiendish Imp (Satyr Charm)
- Tainted Waveling (Tainted Core)
- Coilfang Stalker (Dripping Strider Egg)
- Pocket Reaver (Tiny Fel Engine Key)
- Lesser Voidcaller (Crystal of the Void)
- Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (Brilliant Phoenix Hawk Feather)
Lastly, we have the Deadly Pet Brawler achievement, which goes to those that win 1,000 battles with all level 25 pets using the Find Battle function to challenge other players.