PVP Gear Changes Coming in WoW Patch 5.3
It might not be as bad as you think, though. Blizzard still have some cards up their sleeves.
The second Blizzard announced changes coming to PvP, there was panic. It’s understandable, I guess; nobody wants to throw a wrench in the works by accident. It’s all going to be fine though, let me go over things in case you’re not on the PTR.
- All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
- Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
- Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.
- Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.
- Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
Why these changes? Well, the gear needed to have it’s item level reduced because it was going to cause issues later. Whilst this means that now the Elite gear is the same item level as the normal Season 13 gear, it will save a lot of hassle further down the line. The playing field is now being leveled, especially when you consider that this change normalizes all conquest gear at item level 496.
Resilience is taking a disappearing act as well which leaves people confused. Why take it away from gear and then just dump it on the character itself? Is that really helping anyone? Yes, it turns out. Whilst resilience is no longer on gear, you can still get gems and enchantments that will buff your resilience, meaning you’re not as vulnerable as you might have thought.
Source. WOW Insider