Publisher D3 has announced through Japanese Famitsu magazine that Earth Defense Force 2025 will release a bit later than expected.
The latest installment in the aliens vs humans series was originally planned for a release in June for the PS3 and Xbox 360. However, now the title will be released in Japan on both consoles in July.
To counter this bad news D3 took the opportunity to reveal the fourth and final soldier class of the game. The class is called Fencer and is a heavily-armored class with a variety of weapons, including:
- A deflective shield that cuts all damage taken while you have it readied, although it’ll overheat and go offline if used for too long
- A blast-hole spear that fires high-pressure plasma into anything you can stab it into, destroying it from the inside. It’s also got a side thruster that lets you thrust-dash around at high speed
- A handheld gatling gun, a heavy weapon that your suit’s just powerful enough to carry around. It takes time to start up and doesn’t boast tremendous accuracy, but its rapid-fire properties are reliable in a pinch
- A vibro-drive hammer that smashes anything in the vicinity
- An armor-piercing hand cannon that deals a powerful blow, but leaves you unguarded for about a second after firing due to recoil absorption
Perhaps the alien invasion may want to rethink their plans for earth domination.