NPD group released its full US retail sales report for the month of February
According to the report, Xbox 360 topped the hardware sales with 302,000 units sold.
On the software front; Dead Space 3 was the top sold game of February, with the returning Call ofDuty: Black Ops II, filling the spot for the runner up.
While the month also held releases of promising titles like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence and Crysis 3, NPD Group industry analyst Liam Callahan revealed that the software sales in the month “performed worse than last year with unit sales down 30%.” Last year’s February was home to games like Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Following is NPD’s Top 10 games sold list: (New Physical Sales only, with new releases in Bold)
- Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3)
- Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)