DayZ Standalone Version: Developer Video Shows Work Done So Far
Bohemia Interactive has released a new developer video which shows what the team has been working on for the upcoming standalone version of DayZ.
Improvements have been made to the Inventory System, Crafting, Zombie pathfinding, player’s health, Zombie and loot spawnings. For a complete run-through you can visit the developer’s blog or you can take a look at the best bits which we have gathered below.
- The new inventory system now “supports crafting, interchangeable clothing, degradation, tracking, weapon customization, and much more.”
- The new crafting system “encourages players to explore the ways in which items can be crafted.”
- Zombie movements are now more accurate with increased improvements to the AI pathfinding.
- Zombie spawnings have now been taken directly on the server, preventing hacks and other mods at the “client level”.
- A future developer video will explain how the new Health system now “incorporates health, blood, and consciousness level.”
- A lot of changes have been done to loot spawning. Players now need to look inside vehicles or other items to look for loot.
Bohemia Interactive has not mentioned a clear release date for the standalone version but it’s speculated that it will be released in April of this year.