Tomb Raider Debuts at Top in UK Charts
The reboot of Tomb Raider has proved to be a successful venture with the game debuting at the top of the UK charts, according to UKIE.
Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game have managed to set new sale records for their opening week, which previously was held by Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness on the PlayStation 2. It’s great to see the classic franchise rise back to it’s former glory.
Looking at the charts it’s surprising to see SimCity still holding the number two spot. This is despite the horrendous server problems which prevented many players from playing the game since the title was released just over a week ago. It’s also intertesting to note that Tomb Raider claimed the top spot with three platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 and PC; whereas SimCity is only available on one.
Assassin’s Creed III drops down to 11, while FIFA 13 and Black Ops II are still loitering around in the top 10. The recently released Crysis 3 drops down the ladder a bit to position 6.
Here are the top 10 softwares sold for the week ending 8 March 2013
- TOMB RAIDER – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- SIMCITY – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 3 – NAMCO BANDAI GAMES
- THE SIMS 3: UNIVERSITY LIFE – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- FIFA 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- CRYSIS 3 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- FAR CRY 3 – UBISOFT
- METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE – KONAMI
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V – UBISOFT