Gearbox released a massive patch for their universally-panned Aliens: Colonial Marines game, today. It addresses a ton of issues that players have been complaining about, but it seems to exclude one of the biggest ones; the game not saving progress properly. I’m sure we’ll get that patch soon, though.
The patch has been released for the Xbox 360, with a tentative “soon” for PC and PS3 bug hunters.
Here’s the full patch notes for you curious types:
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- Addressed some issues where multiplayer / co-op clients could see interactive objects displayed in a different state.
- Fixed a bug affecting voiceovers with the Firing Range bonus content.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Achievements to not unlock properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Added safeguards to prevent players from using a weapon in the weapons-suppressed portion of “One Bullet.”
- Modified Bella and Reid’s behavior in “No Hope in Hadley’s” to prevent them from spawning at the wrong point.
- Fixed issues that could clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- Addressed an issue that was could cause stutter when opening the multiplayer scoreboard.
- Switching profiles while in a lobby now returns players to the title screen immediately.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.